The real estate industry is one of the most important segments of our economy. It is also one of the more complex industries from a tax perspective. In addition, the real estate industry requires specialized accounting methods in order to present meaningful financial statements to lenders and clients.
Our professionals can provide you with the knowledge necessary to keep you up to date with the ever-changing real estate tax laws and regulations and provide sophisticated advice to guide you through new and more complex methods of financing, management and operations.
Our clients’ portfolios include residential properties and commercial developments for office, retail, warehouse and industrial uses. Many of our clients provide property management and construction services.
We also have a significant concentration of clients in the construction industry, including developers and contractors, which are closely aligned with and enhances our expertise to our real estate practice.
Our Real Estate Accounting Services include:
- Audit, review and compilation of financial statements
- Audits of HUD-Assisted Projects
- Preparation of federal and state partnership, LLC and corporate income tax returns
- Real estate cost segregation analysis
- Cost certification audits
- Deal structuring and due diligence
- State and local tax services
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Business valuations
- Buy vs. lease analysis
- Sale/leaseback analysis
- Like-kind exchange of properties
- Litigation support
- Process and controls documentation and evaluation
- Property tax filing services
- Accounting method changes
- Mergers and acquisitions: planning and structuring
Most importantly, BlumShapiro is a hands-on firm. We’ll work with you to see that a plan is implemented to help your business grow and succeed. And we’ll be involved every step of the way.