BlumShapiro has served as auditors for municipal and quasi-government organizations for many years. Our current client base includes over 80 of these entities, many of whom have been clients in excess of 20 years. As added value, we are attuned to the challenges and responsibilities of elected officials, town staff and volunteer bodies charged with fiscal responsibilities by their constituents. We are accustomed to providing financial and other written and verbal reports before town officials and clearly understand our roles.
BlumShapiro has a large base of privately held construction company clients, as well as major contracts with the State of Connecticut Department of Transportation and Department of Public Works, for which we provide construction claims analysis. From that experience, we have developed an expertise working with municipalities on their school construction projects. BlumShapiro can help you with:
- Complete understanding of the process and procedures related to the school construction project by all members of the team.
- More accurate and timely financial information maintained during the course of the project.
- Ability to project anticipated cash requirements and request such amounts from the State before the actual expenditures are made.
- Establishment of a mechanism to track project change orders and ensure timely filing with the Bureau of School Facilities (BSF).
- Maximization of the overall reimbursements to be received from the State.
- Assurance that the documentation required for the final project close-out audit is maintained and safeguarded through the entire course of the project.
- Knowledge that all of the information required to complete the final forms (EDO49F and Final Ineligible Cost Worksheet) has been maintained and is available at the end of the project.